CIT (Counselors In Training)
Counselors In Training (Age 16-17)
The CIT program is a full three week camp experience for young leaders who have a desire to train as counselors and continue building their leadership skills. They will begin to transition from camper to potential staff. We not only focus on their ability to be a Summer Camp Counselor in the future with Camp Winona but their future professionalism in the work environment. They learn the expectations of the work place, how to be interviewed and
They will also work together to plan and execute their own legacy project.
Space is limited, and those that have completed our LIT program will get preference.
CITs who complete the program receive:
- Certificate of Completion for transcripts and resume
- 60 hours of childcare and professional employment training
- Minimum of 40 hours of job placement
- Redcross and Child Protection Training
- Interview and resume building
- Will be eligible for a paid Junior Counselor position for the remainder of the Summer
- Eligible for a full Summer paid Junior Counselor position the next year
- CITs receive 60 community service hours signed of by the Camp Director
- Eligible for Camp Winona’s Year-Round Young Leaders Program
DATES: June 4-23, 2023
Y Member: $1,380
Community Pricing: $1,480
**A non-refundable deposit is required for this program
As always, extra financial assistance is available.
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to attend Camp and we will do our best to help get your child to Camp, no matter your financial ability. If you are interested in a scholarship to send your child to Camp, please fill out the Financial Assistance Request form and submit it here. Please note that add ons are not eligible for scholarship.
To express our gratitude for your service, we are happy to offer scholarships for military families through generous donations. If a parent is currently deployed, on active duty, or a veteran, please fill out this form and submit to the Camp Office!. All we will need is a copy of your military ID submitted with the Camp registration form to let you know what percentage scholarship you can receive. Thank you for serving our country.